Sunday, November 14, 2010

How do you set up the internet shortcut tab on your keyboard?

On my keyboard there is a shortcut key for internet and mail- when i click those buttons, they both launch internet explorer and outlook express. I want to change it so that when I click it, I get yahoo mail. Does anyone know how to set it up? Please give me step by step!How do you set up the internet shortcut tab on your keyboard?
The button launches your browser. Your browser determines where it goes by the home page you have set in it. Set Yahoo mail as your home page and pressing the button will launch the browser and go to Yahoo. (If you want the Outlook button to go to Yahoo mail, you'll have to use the CD that came with your keyboard to change what the button does, and you'll have to run a command to IE to tell it to go to Yahoo mail.)How do you set up the internet shortcut tab on your keyboard?
Not sure this works, but it's on my XP computer:



1. Click the Start-%26gt;Control Panel menu item.

2. Click Printers and Other Hardware.

3. Click Keyboard.

4. Now on my HP, there's a Button tab. If there is on yours, click it.



From there on, you're on your own. Hope that helps. Note there's a Default button if you get things too far out of whack.

No comments:

Post a Comment