Saturday, November 13, 2010

Help me change my Ctrl+Shift+S keyboard shortcut!?

Every time I hit Ctrl+Shift+S, my HP System Information pops up, instead of my intention - to ';Save As'; in whatever program I am working in. Soooo how do I change my HP System Information keyboard shortcut from ';Ctrl+Shift+S'; to something else. I want ';Ctrl+Shift+S'; to be ';Save As.';Help me change my Ctrl+Shift+S keyboard shortcut!?
The Ctrl+Shift+S is set currently by another application and needs to be set on that application before it can be set on this application. Ctrl+S is currently only good for Saving as set by default on your program and it should stay that was as it's a universal command. Remove the HP software from your computer to ensure it's not going to happen again, and also, make sure you hit just Ctrl+S to save, keep your finger off that Shift key!!Help me change my Ctrl+Shift+S keyboard shortcut!?
For any shortcut on your desktop or under the start menu, it is possible to set a shortcut key to trigger it (Right-click shortcut, select Properties).



Maybe there is a shortcut somewhere for HP System Information that has a shortcut key set. If so you need to find it and either delete it or remove its shortcut key (from Properties, click in Shortcut key box and press Delete).

No comments:

Post a Comment