Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Adobe Acrobat 8.1.2 has unsizeable dialog boxes taller than my screen. How to make them fit?

Two such dialog boxes are:

1) File %26gt; Create PDF %26gt; From Scanner... %26gt;

';Acrobat Scan';

When this window appears I can just see the top edge of buttons at the bottom of this window. If I drag the blue title-bar up as far as possible I can see parts of the names on the buttons. If I move task-Bar to the side of the screen I can then click on the bottom row of buttons, one of which is ';Scan';.



2) Document %26gt; Header %26amp; Footer %26gt; Update... %26gt;

';Update Header %26amp; Footer';

No buttons are visible at the bottom of this window. If I drag the title-bar up as far as possible I can almost see at the bottom of the screen faint hints of horizontal lines which might be the tops of buttons, but I cannot see their names and clicking over them does not close the window. Pressing %26lt;esc%26gt; acts as a Cancel and closes the window, but I have not found a keyboard shortcut to click Update or Done. If I repeatedly click the %26lt;tab%26gt; key I can see the focus move to the last visible button, then it goes below the bottom edge of the screen. Once I pressed Enter with the focus below the screen, and the window closed, accepting my Header info. I have not managed to get this to work again to make a further change to the Header.



Help! ___VanyaAdobe Acrobat 8.1.2 has unsizeable dialog boxes taller than my screen. How to make them fit?
Sometimes if you hold down Control and use the scrolling tab on your mouse, the font will get smaller/bigger. Try rolling the scroller away from you and it should decrease the size of the font only on the computer screen so that it may fit all the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment