Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Windows 3.1 - I've accidentally changed my video setting to something wrong. How would I fix it?

So I was playing around in Windows 3.1, video (monitor) was working. I decided to change it from VGA to ';VGA 1MB 1024x768'; in the Windows 3.1 Setup application (I found it under the ';Main'; program group in the Program Manager. Now, these horrible vertical pink bars shoot up and down my monitor across the whole thing, alternating on and off. I am sure I picked an unsupported video driver for my card... Now, here's my question: How would I change it back to the default VGA? Is there a list of keyboard shortcuts I can use (since I can't see Windows at all)? Please, PLEASE, PLEEEASE someone help me out!



P.S. I don't want to re-install Windows 3.1 on that machine, I just finished installing MS Word 6, MS Powepoint 4, VB 3.0, VC++, and my sound card...

PLEASE HELP MEEE I'M ULTIMATELY DESPERATE! :'-(Windows 3.1 - I've accidentally changed my video setting to something wrong. How would I fix it?
Can you boot Windows 3.1 into safe mode? That may be a way into the system where you can change it back because safe mode generally loads the generic type of drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment