Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Mac has an annoying keyboard shortcut... the '0' zero keeps toggling mute... how do I change this?

Please help. I just attached a new keyboard to my iMac and for some reason it has created a keyboard shortcut whereby the '0' zero key keeps on toggling the mute function. I've looked all through the ';Keyboard Shortcuts'; dialogue but can't correct it.



Please help. Please please please. Its quite frustratingMy Mac has an annoying keyboard shortcut... the '0' zero keeps toggling mute... how do I change this?
You could possibly try assign ';0'; something that you use a lot. Something useless? Sorry if this isn't any help.My Mac has an annoying keyboard shortcut... the '0' zero keeps toggling mute... how do I change this?
Ok so go into system preferences, click on keyboard and mouse, then go to keyboard, on that page you will see something that says something like: use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys When this option is selected press the Fn key to use the special features printed on each key. Make sure that box is not filled in/make sure you don't have that setting on. If that doesn't work you can click on Keyboard Shortcuts at the top and then press Restore Defaults. Hope this helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment