Saturday, November 13, 2010

How can I change the keyboard shortcuts for Sims 2?

One thing I greatly despise is the difficulty to change floors. While, in Sims 1, it was the tab key (near the speed keys), now it's page up and page down. I have limited myself to building one story homes for this reason. Can I change the shortcuts in any way?How can I change the keyboard shortcuts for Sims 2?
Directly in the game, no, not that I know of.



You could try remapping the keys using a program like KeyTweak (first link below), but that's a pretty drastic change just for a game.



I use Lucas Easy Sims 2 Cheats (second link below) to assign cheats like 'moveObjects on', 'aging off' to the F1-F12 keys. There may be some way to use that app to change PageUp/Down to Tab, but you'd have to ask someone more awesome than I. (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/)

No comments:

Post a Comment